Monday 9 April 2012

Deep Fried Yong Tau Foo


I don't know why... But I just love Yong Tau Foo! Give me Yong Tau Foo anytime and I will be glad to have it. My late father used to cook Macaroni with Yong Tau Foo Soup which I love it very much and cook quite often. Someday, I will put the recipe here ;)
Deep fried Yong Tau Foo is my brother's favorite dish. He always requests for this dish and he can wipe out bowls of rice just with this dish!

Ingredients:

Assorted Yong Tau Foo
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tbsp Taucheo (minced)
200ml water
1 tbsp oil
Oil for frying
Pinch of sugar

Methods:

1. Deep fry the Yong Tau Foo until golden. Remove and set aside. Remove the oil.

2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Sauté the garlic, and toss in the yellow bean paste till fragrant.

3. Pour in the water and let it boil. Add a pinch of sugar.

4. Toss in the Yong Tau Foo and coat the sauce evenly.

5. Simmer for 1 minute. If you want lesser sauce, cook longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment