I saw a post from The Little Teochew about the dry version of Mee Siam few months ago. I was drooling and immediately bookmarked the page.
Today I wanted to fry bee hoon but didn't want to cook the usual one. So I thought of whipping up this spicy and sour bee hoon! Indeed the bee hoon was very addictive! Hahaha!!! My brother had 3 plates!!!
I changed the recipe a bit because 1. for more people, 2. we prefer spicer! That why I added chilli padi. The result? Oh it was awesome! Oh by the way, limes are must have! ;)
1 pack of Chilli Brand Bee Hoon (soak with water until soften) 400g
Chives (cut into short length)
1 piece of firm beancurd ( cut into thin slices)
3 eggs (beaten)
Oil for frying the chilli paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Chilli paste (blend all the below ingredients together into a paste):
6 red chilli (deseeded)
4 chilli padi (deseeded)
4 tbsp Tau Cheo
1. Heat the oil (use more oil) in a non stick pan. Fry the chilli paste until fragrant and oil seeping out from the paste. Set aside.
2. Fry the eggs and cut them into thin slices. Set aside.
3. Fry the beancurd until golden and crisp. Set aside.
4. Using 2 tbsp of cooking with a heated wok. Toss in the Bee Hoon.
5. Quickly add the chilli paste and water into the wok.
6. Mix and toss the bee Hoon with the paste evenly.
7. Add the salt and sugar. Mix well.
8. Toss in the beancurd and chives. Mix well.
Place some egg slices on top of the Bee Hoon and a lime at the side.