Sunday 17 June 2012

Easy Pan Fried Pork Chop With Rice



My younger brother was down with chickenpox. He is in 20s now so you can imagine the chickenpox is quite severe! All of us, except my mom had chickenpox before. Well, all of us are EXPOSED to chickenpox now!!! :(

Anyway, my mom heard from some people that there are some food you can't eat while having chickenpox. *Rolling eyes! Basically can't eat anything except fish according to my mom. She said cannot eat chicken, eggs, soy products and beans! So I made this dinner for my poor brother yesterday.

By the way, I have checked with doctors (western and Chinese doctors). If having chickenpox, you can eat anything except beef, yam and seafood (due to skin allergic). The rest are old wives' tales with no logic. Hmmm, but I believe not to take dark soy sauce! Hahaha...

Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloin
2 dash of coarse black pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 baby Bak Choy (halved)
1 tbsp cooking oil
100ml or more water
Cooked rice
Seasalt

Methods:

1. Marinate the pork tenderloin with soy sauce and black pepper for at least 30 minutes.

2. Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Pan fry the pork until nicely browned and cooked. Set the pork on the plate.

3. While pan frying the pork, sauté the Bak Choy at the side of the pan. Sprinkle a little sea salt. Remove the vegetables and set on the plate.

4. Using the same pan (for pan frying the pork), pour in the water and thicken with the starch water. Pour them over the mashed potatoes and pork chops.

5. Put some rice on the plate and ready to eat!

For the mashed potatoes:
We had a pot of ABC soup, so I used the potatoes and mashed it. No milk and butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment