Friday 1 June 2012

Steamed Threadfin Fish With Taucheo



I was a little worried that my son would not like this style of steaming fish. We always steam fish with soy sauce. Previously I did try steam fish with taucheo and turned out great... But my son was not in that day so he didn't taste before.

Today, I chose Threadfin Fish Fillets. The fillets don't have any bones, not like Toman. Hmmm... I'm not an expert of choosing fish. I only know how to eat! Hahaha... Surprisingly, my son loves this dish. He ate the most and said not enough. But I must say it's a little too salty and some people might not like it. I love taucheo and I find the saltiness acceptable. Add more sugar to reduce saltiness. Taste heavenly with fried garlic and ginger! Yum yum!!!

Ingredients:

2 Threadfin fillets (Ngoh fish)
5 slices ginger (julienned)
3 cloves garlic (minced finely)
3 tbsp Taucheo (minced finely)
50ml water
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil

Methods:

1. Wash the fillets and pad dry. Place the fillets on the steaming plate.

2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Reduce the heat.

3. Fry the julienned ginger until golden brown. Remove and set aside.

4. Sauté the garlic until golden brown. Remove and set aside.

5. Remove the oil from the pan. Using the same oiled pan, sauté the taucheo with low heat.

6. Add the water and sugar. Stir well.

7. Turn off the heat. Add the taucheo paste on top of the fish fillets.

8. Top with fried garlic and ginger.


9. Once the water starts to boil rapidly in the wok, steam the fillets for 8 - 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment