Sunday 1 July 2012

Fried Rice



I don't really like fried rice... Fried rice tends to be oily and I hate peas! Hahaha... But I did taste some really good fried rice from Tze Zhar stalls and restaurants. The wok hei which we can't get from our kitchen stove.

Today I decided to cook fried rice as I have the ingredients on hand and I have ran out of idea what to cook...

Ingredients:

Cooked rice for 5 pax
3 tbsp diced carrots
3 tbsp kennel corns
4 dried mushrooms (soaked till soften and diced)
3 eggs beaten
5 cloves garlic (minced)
5 shallots (minced)
5 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil

Methods:

1. Heat the oil in a wok. Sauté the garlic and shallots.

2. Add the carrots, corns and dried mushrooms. Stir fry.

3. Add the cooked rice into the wok. Stir and mix.

4. Pour in the eggs mixture and toss with the rice evenly.

5. Add the soy sauce and continue to stir and mix well.

6. Lastly, add 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix evenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment