Saturday 14 July 2012

Nasi Lemak (Rice)



One of my son's favorite local delicacy would be Nasi Lemak. I remember at a point of time, he had Nasi Lemak for lunch almost everyday! Well, that's my son! He can have the same food for a period of time until he likes something new or tire of it...

By the way, my son suggested that I should add more coconut milk the next time. :p

Ingredients:

2 cups of uncooked rice
100ml coconut milk
6 pandan leaves (washed)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pandan paste
Water

Methods:

1. Wash the rice.

2. Add the coconut milk and water into the rice (usual amount to cook the rice).

3. Add the salt and pandan paste. Stir well.

4. Using 3 stalks of pandan leaves together to tie a knot. Make 2 knots and place into the rice mixture.

5. Cook in the electrical rice cooker as per normal.

Serve with chicken wings, eggs, fish cakes, ikan bilis, sambal chilli etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment